They say every face in a crowd has a story to tell, this is my story..

The news shows and newspapers all called it 'Road Rage'. To me that sounded like a disease, an affliction that can make you kill. A sorry excuse to take the claw end of a hammer and slam it repeatedly into the skull of a human being. In April of 1999 my little brother passed away. Doesn't passed away sound so gentle, even normal? David's death was neither. It was murder. He was found lying in a strangers driveway in a pool of blood. He had been punched, stomped and beaten over his entire body. I still have so many questions. I wrote this book at first for therapy and then for answers. I have found a few. I mainly realized l lost a brother tragically and senselessly. Like every other face in the crowd I have a story..and I want to share my story with you! PUBLICATION DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED LATE SUMMER/EARLY FALL :)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Bristol Stomp" more from the sentencing..

My family just gasped. They were going to prison but for only 5 and 8 years!
The moans and crying from their families was over dramatic and very annoying. How dare they? I remember Angela Galione screaming, “Why are they doing this to him”. I really wanted to punch her in her stupid face. Was she really that stupid? Why could she not see her brother for the murderer he was?
Jerry Reeves little brother was crying, “Oh Jerry”. I did feel sorry for him he was just a little kid. I hoped he would learn from this and not follow in his brothers shoes. I hoped his family would teach him right from wrong.
My first question for the court advocates was how long would they actually spend in prison. They said we would talk about it later.
I was in shock. What was Judge Heckler thinking? Five years, eight years, for murder! I felt like he was slapping the jury that had worked so hard in the face. Is that all he felt Dave’s life was worth? I was so hurt. I felt so let down by him. I had admired him through this whole process. I felt he ignored the jury’s findings and went with his own. This was a murder verdict. Did he think David deserved this? Was it possible he believed David started the fight? Did he not hear the testimony? David was just driving home. Galione and Reeves were out looking for someone to ‘mess up’ that night. David, Joey and Anthony did everything they could do to avoid the first fight and then they were ambushed and ran for their lives when the second altercation began. If Heckler felt this was a mutual fight he was wrong. He was very wrong. I was just so devastated.
The only good thing that happened that day was we did get to see them led off again in handcuffs and shackles. They had to listen to their families and the pain they had caused them. I doubted they gave my family or David one thought. I doubted they even grasped the idea of how much damage they had done. Did they even realize they were going to hell? They were probably both just feeling sorry for themselves. I hoped they were scared to death about where they were headed. I hoped they feared for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment