They say every face in a crowd has a story to tell, this is my story..

The news shows and newspapers all called it 'Road Rage'. To me that sounded like a disease, an affliction that can make you kill. A sorry excuse to take the claw end of a hammer and slam it repeatedly into the skull of a human being. In April of 1999 my little brother passed away. Doesn't passed away sound so gentle, even normal? David's death was neither. It was murder. He was found lying in a strangers driveway in a pool of blood. He had been punched, stomped and beaten over his entire body. I still have so many questions. I wrote this book at first for therapy and then for answers. I have found a few. I mainly realized l lost a brother tragically and senselessly. Like every other face in the crowd I have a story..and I want to share my story with you! PUBLICATION DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED LATE SUMMER/EARLY FALL :)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The never ending thoughts..


 I tried to imagine myself with a hammer and a bat just pounding away at them.  An eye for an eye it is in the bible, right?  The truth is I could not do it.  The thought of hurting anyone like that made me sick to my stomach.  I thought about the atrocities in foreign countries.  It was just not right.  However, was the death penalty right?  I concluded, in my mind it was.  I also concluded it is not right the way it is in now, in America.  It is a joke.  It takes too long. Then there is the issue of mental competence.  Should you be excluded from the death penalty if you are mentally retarded?  Should you be excluded if you are mentally ill?  What if you are a minor and you kill?  I believe every legal step should be taken to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  It should just be done faster.  I must admit the thought of this whole gang sitting on death row was a pleasant one.  Waiting day after day wondering if this would be the day.  Would that be torturous?  I hoped so.  David was tortured. I hoped they heard Dave’s pleas in their sleep.  I hoped they felt his warm blood splattering on their faces.  I hoped every time they closed their eyes they saw baby Michael’s innocent little eyes. I wanted them to feel every pain David had felt.

2 comments:

  1. They should let you throw the switch.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could..unfortunately the only two convicted are back out on our streets..

    ReplyDelete