They say every face in a crowd has a story to tell, this is my story..

The news shows and newspapers all called it 'Road Rage'. To me that sounded like a disease, an affliction that can make you kill. A sorry excuse to take the claw end of a hammer and slam it repeatedly into the skull of a human being. In April of 1999 my little brother passed away. Doesn't passed away sound so gentle, even normal? David's death was neither. It was murder. He was found lying in a strangers driveway in a pool of blood. He had been punched, stomped and beaten over his entire body. I still have so many questions. I wrote this book at first for therapy and then for answers. I have found a few. I mainly realized l lost a brother tragically and senselessly. Like every other face in the crowd I have a story..and I want to share my story with you! PUBLICATION DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED LATE SUMMER/EARLY FALL :)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Fragments:

It has been raining so hard today..all day..it does not usually rain for hours straight like this in Philadelphia..
I am so proud of our Philadelphia Phillie's; they have won the National League East Championship for the 4th year in a row..WOW..sorry but before the last 4 it was like 28 years..so we are painting our town Red once again and will probably be biting our fingernails and having cardiac problems..but we are excited!!
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I must thank Mrs. 4444 for hosting Friday Fragments and also suggesting we purchase our domain names. I went with Go Daddy; it was easy and $12.00. You can get some fantastic advice and meet some of the nicest blogger's if you visit our fantabulous host here:www.halfpastkissintime.com 
 
After you are finished making some new friends there; please visit the beautiful Java who is the host for blogger's over 40 (if you fit that category) here:nevergrowingold.blogspot.com
            <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I have had a very busy week as usual and have really slacked on my writing and blogging.  I have a lot of catching up to do. I am still having my celebration to reach 300 followers and I am going to change it up a bit this week. Instead of randomly choosing a winner from all followers; I am going to choose from the most meaningful comment between now and follower #260. Congrats to winner #4 Karen Mortensen from Mortensen Moment's, you can find this lovely woman and her beautiful photograph's here: tkdmoments.blogspot.com Thank you for following!
             >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
These little sweeties are grand daughter's Avery Paige 4; Peyton Elizabeth 4 month's (today) and Morgan Layla; 7.  For the heck of it I asked if anyone can tell me why these little ones go by both names I would send a prize to the first commenter with the right answer. Or I may pick 2 or 3 with the right answers. What can I say I love going to the post office with prizes! Good Luck, I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This week we will be hosting our grand son Dominic who is 8 (the one the had the terrible freak accident a few post back...and his baby sister Adriana (17 months) Big sister Allyson (15) is playing a softball showcase out of town and Mom and Dad wanted to travel a little lighter this weekend. Hopefully this darn rain will stop and we can go pick pumpkins or something fun..
Dominic





Adriana and Mommy



My sister -in-law Nancy is visiting this week from Florida; My husband has 6 older sisters..Nancy is the youngest of the girls..she is a lot of fun and I am excited to visit with her!

That is about all I have for now, Thank you for stopping by!
And remember;"be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"


18 comments:

  1. Hello. Nice to meet you on this sunny Athenian/rainy Philadelphia day. Have a nice month. I'm here from the Follow Friday.

    http://australianinathens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Thank you for your comments and follow
    I really appreciate this
    Following you now :)

    Citra @ innocentia
    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=11705

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm dropping in via Java's blog-hop, and am also a brand new member at SITS. The story about your brother is tragic. I'm so sorry, and would love to give your book a shout on my little blog when it is released.

    All the best for the writing!
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that idea of choosing the winner based on the most meaningful comment instead of just randomly. Sounds fairer.

    Going to check out the over 40 place link.

    Stopping by from Friday Fragments. Here's the link to mine if you get a chance to visit:
    http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2010/10/4-things-i-learned-this-week-89-polls.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Phillies! It's a treat to follow a team that's doing well. Like I'd know. My team broke their team record for penalties on Monday night, and beat themselves. Hope springs eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're STILL busy! The life of a woman! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your stop to my blog! I wish you good luck in writing your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just as excited as you about the Phils. I'm hoping for a rematch with the Yanks in the world series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures of the grandbabies are just precious! I love "hearing" you talk about them - you can just tell how much you delight in them!

    You know, after reading your comment about stinkbugs, I think I'd rather have ants! We have stinkbugs here and there, but not like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doreen, thanks so much for stopping by my blog on the Follow Friday 40 & Over! I just read about your brother's story above. How absolutely horrible! I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Quitting smoking has been harder than I thought it would be but I definitely know it will be worth it! I know my body is thanking me I just wish it would stop sending me "I want a CIGARETTE!" signals! :)

    I will say I am very intrigued by your blog and look forward to reading more when I have some more time. Thanks again for visiting the Ski Story! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting back via Friday Fragments! Thanks for visiting Single Mom in the South!

    I say your granddaughters go by both names because somebody is southern or wants to be... it seems like all the girls down here have two first names! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good thinking but no that's not why..thank you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're having a lovely time and making beautiful memories with your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trying to get caught up with my blog friends, so I stopped by for a bit. Your grandchildren are precious--you are blessed :) I don't know why they go by two names, but I love their names! Take care, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That closing quote is so unbelievably true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to know more about who Mrs. 4444 is. Just love those Phillies. This is the best team ever. I love everyone of those guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omigosh-Those kids are so adorable. Little Peyton is getting SO big already!

    "It is so strange how you spend so much time with someone, you know everything about their lives and then a page turns and they are not there." I forgot to paste this quote from your book into my last comment. So true! I also loved your last quote--So many people are suffering, and simple kindnesses can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete